Auto Mapping tells ResinFiles to link a Salesforce Record to a Google Drive
folder when certain conditions are met.
Example use cases:
- When I load a my Salesforce Account “Dickenson Plc” I want ResinFiles to find
the “Accounts / Dickenson Plc” folder and show me it straight away.
What folder structure do I need?
We advise on a folder structure like this, but we can fit it with your requirements:
( << Folder would be created here for Accounts >>)
How does this work?
- Salesforce loads up the Canvas App.
- Using VisualForce it injects the Record Name into a JSON payload sent within
a Signed Request down to ResinFiles
- ResinFiles looks at the Record Name and checks to see if a folder with the
same name exists in Google Drive
- If the folder exists then we show it to you straight away
- If the folder does not exist then:
- If you have enabled Folder Creation then we will try
to make the create the folder if it does not exist
- We will show you the root of your Google Drive
- Load up the “Dickenson Plc” Account in Salesforce
- Navigate to the “Accounts” folder in ResinFiles
- Click “Settings” > “Configure Folder” in the top right hand corner
- Tick the “Folder is not mapped” button
- Reload the browser window. “Dickenson Plc” will be loaded up automatically